With Seminary beginning just around the corner, it is altogether easy for me to think of my 'academic' career as separate from my roll in my own local church, First Baptist Church of Elyria, OH. This is largely due to our current models of seminary, our individualistic views of desiring to enter the ministry, and the lack of churches fulfilling their roles as the ones who call their own into the ministry. It is not my desire to critique our present situation, rather to correct my present motivations.

Thanks to having read John Frame's Proposal for a New Seminary a few years ago, my views of seminary increasingly changed. I must not view it as the degree that guarantees your entrance into the ministry, nor must I view ministry simply as academic procedures.

After these 3 or more years of completing a M. Div. or further, I recognize that I am always at the disposal of my local church. Their authority over me controls my future ministry.

The following is an excellent video interview of Dr. Frame concerning his previous paper and his view of a biblical seminary.